Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas fun with grandparents

Below you will find a conglomeration of our snow fun while in the northern country. Several days are combined into this post, so some days it was sunny and cold, and other days it was brutally freezing. You will be able to discern based on the kid's faces which days were which. It was LOTS of fun even in the brutal cold, but thank goodness for fireplaces and hot chocolate after the sledding.

Travelin' in style.
Can't remember what this face was in regard to, but thought it was too good to pass up!
Grannanny shoveling the walkway.
You have to EARN your keep at the Funny Farm. We try to start 'em early.
Actually I think Baby J was just making a suggestion to Nanny about her technique. The Tubaman was dodging a snowball.
Purty, ain't it?
"Where is K-dawg?
Where is K-dawg?"
(Camo rocks.)

K decided snow tastes great!!!And Baby J decided he must feed her...LOTS!!!



This is the way to make a snow angel,
make a snow angel...
...make a snow angel.
This is the way to make a snow angel
when you can barely move!
My poor little baby got hit in the face with a bunch of snow during a sledding incident. He was none too happy about it. And when he got toooooo cold, he was DONE with the snow...for THIS day. It WAS really, really, really cold....like think -28 degrees one night. I think the high during our time there was 14 degrees or something. OOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH!! (that is my cold noise)
She was cold too, but in general, was a bit more understanding that she would soon be warm (once we got her in by the fire). Baby J and I were smart enough NOT to go out this particular day.
My old baby! Yep, the guns are loaded!! *grin*
A cutie modeling her new dress from Nanny and Grandad. How sweet!!
"Who wrapped this thing? By the time I get it open, I may be 10!"
Grandad and K making his dinosaur sculpture. K got a really cool sculpture set from Aunt J and family for Christmas, but he needed a bit of assistance. Grandad was just the one to help.
He was so proud of the accomplished product. Wish I had a pic of the completed project. It turned out really cool.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute snow angels!

tmezzy said...

Looks like fun (and COLD)!!!
So, how come I don't see any photos from the awesome sledding we got to do with us in Tucson, too? Are you embarrassed by the poor excuse of a sledding hill? LOL

tmezzy said...

Oops. Me don't haves good grammar in my last comment! LOL Please forgive me.