Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh, the things they say

While signing up for an online game today, the kids attentively watched as I typed in all the required information...the game was for them, not for me...just thought I should clarify! hehehe

One required field was to enter the parent's birth date to verify the parent was signing up and a child was not doing so without permission. I clicked March. I clicked on 1975. J says, "You were born in the 1900's?"

Well, when you put it that way, it does sound rather ancient!!! I almost died of laughter and had to call my sis and mother to tell them how shocked she was that I was sooooo old! So for all of you born in the 1900's, I am very sorry to tell you that the newest generation puts us back there somewhere with Laura Ingalls...you know, the one who lived in the 1800's. HA! HA!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hilarious! Hey, J, I was born in the 1900's, too!!! XD
Love,
Elisera

tmezzy said...

Wow! That does make us sound OLD when you say it like that! That's hilarious! :)
Did you tell her we didn't even have computers in the house when we were her age? Computers at school only had letters and numbers, NO PICTURES!; phones were connected to the wall by a cord; and when the phone rang, you had no idea who it was. . .it was always a mystery b/c there was no caller ID; you had to get up and walk over to the TV to change a channel (of whoch there were only about 15) b/c there were no remotes; there were no DVDs, especially not in the car; and no microwaves! *gasp* It is really hard to comprehend how we made it out alive. . . It was like the stone ages!!! LOL