Sunday, October 2, 2011

Almost done with the summer....I think

Now, if that ain't sweet, I just don't know what is!!! We are sooooo blessed to have these wonderful babes, gifts from God! And I look at the pictures and rejoice. God chose ME to love THIS...every day! I am so blessed to be able to stay home with my babes and homeschool them. Thank you Lord for this most high calling of motherhood!!!!
Mowing the yard with two kids...only experienced mowers should attempt this move! (He has quite a few years under his belt! HA!)

Poppy needed an afternoon nap, so the kids read him a story. Baby J was enjoying snuggling with him.
This is WHY Poppy needed a nap!Some beautiful scenery from the farm. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!



This is the house my grandfather built when he got married. My dad was "born and raised" in this house. After my father's parents passed away, my mother's parents moved into this house. It is full of great memories. It is still a beautiful house. My parents rent it currently (until I can get back to the farm at which time I will kick out the renters and live here...doesn't that look like a grand place to raise kids? Fields and garden on one side, creek and more fields on the other. What more could you ask for?)
Big barn and dairy barn (no longer used for dairying as my parents are beef cattle farmers) across the fields. The cabin in which we stay is just beside the dairy barn (the white one) behind the trees in this picture.
Lots of hard work in the garden yields lots of great dinners on the table which means lots of happy people with full tummies. My folks are expert gardeners and are attempting to share their knowledge with our children. Hopefully our babes will gather a few of these very practical, helpful skills in the short time we spend with them each summer.





My parent's bull at present. He's a purdy bull...if you love cattle! I named him "Mr. T" due to his really cool mohawk! Sorry, just couldn't resist! hehehe

No comments: