Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yeah! On February 20, 2011 at 10:39 we welcomed to the outside world the wonderful gift from heaven named Kenton Jake Thomas. For those who have been keeping up with us, our children's names all have some combination of our names and/or some family names. In keeping with this tradition, Kenton is the combination of the two grandfathers, Ken and Milton, and the middle name is the first two letters of our names Ja and Ke.

He weighed 6 lbs. 14 oz. He was 18 and 3/4 inches long.

Here we are pre-delivery. I know my sis thinks I am a wimp, but I just think I am smart. *grin* I like the epidural!!! Here we are 30 minutes before delivery, and I am able to enjoy it every minute of the way. I have had the pleasure of experiencing labor without an epidural, and boy, does the epi make the labor part wonderful. I was able to talk with my hubby, joke about the experience, and enjoy the pushing/delivery part without screaming at anybody, sweating, or any other crazy things I might have done.
Mama's first moments holding her newest addition. What a wonderful moment. Yeah!!!!! Thank you God for a healthy baby boy. Daddy's first REAL time holding baby. The kids finally get to meet brother. Big sis was LOVING her new baby.
And big bro was a little excited as well. THAT is one BIG grin!!!Baby J did a great job loving her baby. She wanted to show us his eyes, nose, etc., but kept poking those items so we tried to keep her "petting" her brother instead of pointing out (with her teeny little pokey fingers) all his body parts.
Nanny and Grandad drove down to help out with our big people. Grandad takes his turn loving our little one in this pic.Nanny gets a moment with grandchild number 9. We have happily supplied 4 of those. hehehe
Our wonderful friend, Mrs. H woke up her sweet angels at 5:00 in the morn, got them dressed for church, drove 40 minutes to our house, and took care of our babes so we could go to the hospital to make this delivery. She got our kids ready for church, took all 5 (her 2 and our 3) to church, fed them lunch, and FINALLY got to hold this newest little babe. Thanks for all you did Mrs. H!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thanks to your girls and hubby for their help and for being soooo flexible.
Baby K's first bath. Mama and Big sis watch as he gets his hair washed and some of the "cheese" (a.k.a. vernix) washed off him.
Kiddos enjoying mama's bed!
Getting ready for his trip home!Yeah! Let's take this new bundle of joy home! Our first moments home.
Grandmommy arrives and finally gets to hold her new grandbaby. Baby J helps by entertaining
Baby K with art work.
Our dear little friends (daughters of Mrs H. from before) who woke up at 5:00 a.m. to help with my big people.

2 comments:

floyd said...

Great pictures!!! Can't wait to meet this little guy!

Lynette said...

Beautiful! I am going to show to Jessie, she is getting a little nervous. Due in 23 days! Love the smile on your face!