"Come on Jazz, pucker up!"

"Never mind. A kitty hug will do!"

Any drip of rain is worthy of breaking out the never-before-been-used-umbrellas. I think it dripped one drop of rain on each kid.

Just enough to make this stunning picture.

Lots of stuff happening at the Funny Farm, but thought this was definitely one worthy of passing on....we have been having a visitor to our house. Don't think we will keep him as a pet, but my, oh my, how pretty. The first visit brought a bit of fear to the kids....We were headed out for a walk. Everyone was in the driveway, ready to go. I forgot a bottle of water, so I ran back in to grab some. As I was walking out the door, J was running inside telling me to hurry. The bobcat was just across the road. He had walked and was continuing to walk (as I now hurry out to get my other two babes) from a neighbor on our side of the street to the yard across from us. He did not seem bothered by us at all, so we quietly stayed close enough to the house that we could observe safely. He walked down into the wash and after some time, we decided it was safe enough to continue our walk.....in the opposite direction.

We saw the daddy driving home so we turned towards home to greet the daddy and tell him of our visitor. The daddy decided to walk across the street to the wash with the camera, just to see if any remains from the bobcat's bunny dinner were left. Instead of remains, he found the cat, waiting patiently in the exact spot we had seen him disappear. The daddy snatched a few pics, with zoom of course, while the kids and I waited close to the house. After several minutes, out came the bobcat, chasing a rabbit, and then really disappeared into the wash.

This was his most recent visit to our home. K, baby J, and I were snuggled in our chair watching a bit of TV while we waited for the big sis to wake up and get our breakfast started. Our comfy chair faces the window. Suddenly, "Bobby" jumps up on our wall. That is fine and all, EXCEPT, the windows are open and Jazz, our cat, sits in the window hoping for any chance to escape. "Bobby" turns to look at Jazz. Jazz sits quietly and looks at him (realizing he doesn't have a chance against this magnificent creature). The mama thinks about which weapon is closest and how to get the kids to safety should "Bobby" decide Jazz looks delicious enough to jump through the screen. Wow! A tense moment or two. The bobcat moves on deciding Jazz is not a worthy opponent and rests at the end of the yard. I then walk quietly out on the patio and snap a couple of pictures while he focuses on something in the wash behind us. Wow! Again, what a beautiful creature.

No comments:
Post a Comment