Okay, so this is from way back when in the summer, but it deserves a post for sure. K's birthday, which was way back in the summer, was celebrated in three shifts. The first was on the farm which has already been posted. The second celebration occurred while visiting the other grandparents in the north country. The last was his actual day which is reported further down in this post. Here are some pictures from the second celebration.
This is cousin E playing with Baby J and some new coloring things which K received from Aunt and cousins.

Here are Cousin L and K playing with some clay.

Nanny helps Baby J color.

K opens his favorite of the day...a sling shot (this one has soft balls and is perfect for learning until he has mastered the art of not injuring a sister *grin*).

And a GREEN cake to finish off the fun!

These have nothing to do with the birthday, but I just had to put them in since Baby J was sleeping in the funniest position EVER!! The daddy had taken her in our bedroom to put her down for a nap. After he failed to come out of the bedroom, I decided to investigate. This is what I saw from the doorway which intrigued me. I wasn't certain if either of them were alive at this point. All I could see was a daddy and a baby's head.

After I walked around to the other side of the bed, I ran to get the camera and came back to snap these. She must have been one tired baby to fall asleep sitting up on daddy. It looked hilarious.

And finally, birthday celebration number three. K received a really cool dart board....for a four year old???? you ask. Well, the COOL part is that it is magnetic and completely harmless (unless thrown directly at someone, which thankfully hasn't occurred yet).

Also, some awesome Toy Story pajamas. These were particularly fun since Nanny and Grandad took the kids to see Toy Story 3 as part of K's birthday gift while we were visiting them.

J gave K a candy necklace and crowned him birthday king for the day.

And the final gift was a Razor. (In the old days they were called scooters, but now they are Razors which I am certain sounds much more cool and dangerous than something that scoots). Either way, you put one foot on it, and push yourself around with the other foot (just like in the old days *grin*). Yes, he has on a pink bunny helmet. We didn't find one that he would have liked (i.e. green), so we decided to use sissie's hand-me-down until a suitable one was found (i.e. green). We told him if anyone gave him flack about it by saying "are you wearing a pink bunny helmet?" he could always respond, "Yep, I eat bunnies for lunch!"

And then there was cake number three.

"Gimme a big pound for the birthday boy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment