While brushing J's teeth down at the cabin, we heard a horrific noise of falling. Not just thump, but thump, thump, thump, and crash! Of course, running to see what had happened, J and I discovered K at the bottom of the cabin stairs. He had fallen ALL the way down. Baby J was asleep, the cabin was very dim, and I feared the worst. I grabbed the screaming boy in my arms, rushed outside with him to hopefully keep from waking the baby, and attempted to assess the damage. Nothing appeared broken, but a HUGE lump appeared immediately on his forehead. Below are pics the aftermath. I can't believe that a blackeye and a scrape on his back is all that he had to show for it. I lost several years over the noise he made falling. That was definitely one of the scariest moments of my life. The next morning, while trying to assess what exactly happened since no one saw it, he informed us he had been trying to put on p.j.'s while going up the stairs, thus my title "stairs and p.j.'s don't mix". Anyway, after that noise, there is no doubt in my mind that his guardian angel cushioned most of his fall. Otherwise, we would have been on our way to the ER. Thank you God that "He(God) will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways" Psalm 91:11.
Our annual walk through the creek on the farm.
A couple of spots were pretty deep. Most of us had gotten out by this point, but not our two little fishies.
I think this was the safe spot from which we observed the fishies in the deepest waters. Nice and calm and you could see the bottom. Just make certain you stay upstream from the cattle. *grin*
No comments:
Post a Comment