Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our Favorite Stop

Next was our favorite stop along the way. We all loved it! Wow! I have never seen anything quite so extravagant as this ranch. Express Ranch is a 5,000 acre ranch complete with 3,000 head of cattle and over 40 of the most amazing horses I have ever seen. The Clydesdales are much like the Budweiser Clydesdales in that they are used for advertisement and really nothing more. To find out more, visit Express Clydesdales.
Each stall was complete with ceiling fan and brass lamps for the horses. The horses are black, a rare color from what we read, and therefore, they are left inside for the day and are put out in their individual pastures at night. Isn't he amazing? And the horse isn't that bad either!!!! hehehehe
Just to give you an idea of the massiveness of these animals...most horses are around 17 - 18 hands. The pony on which J takes lessons is 14 hands. (A hand is what is used to measure horses in case anyone doesn't know. It is 4 inches.) These amazing creatures are 20 - 21 hands high. WOW!!!!!
I wish you could really understand how massive the hooves are. J and K were standing beside this wonderful beast and I was looking at those things just praying he never moved. I didn't know anything about their shoes until this adventure, but they are much different than regular horseshoes. They have a toe clip and are more of a square.
This is the rig they travel in. It can haul 6 horses, houses the six-horse hitch, plus food and equipment.
Can you get a glimpse of how massive this animal is. Notice how much higher his withers than my head. WOW!!!This is for poppy. We thought he might want to make one of these in his spare time. *grin*

No comments: