Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Underground lakes, vineyards, and more

Okay, so while the dad was away, all we did was work. *grin* Now that he has arrived, it is play time, soooooo we took some time to visit a few local sights. The first was a muscadine vineyard whose manager is my cousin. I don't know if you have ever had a muscadine, but it is a little piece of heaven wrapped up in something that looks very similar to a grape. Oh man, my mouth waters just writing about them (no joke!) I wish I was smart enough to remember all the wonderful info we learned about growing, harvesting, and caring for these precious little gems, but I am not, so I will just post a few pictures of the beautiful vineyard and leave the research up to you if you are truly interested.

We were able to visit The Lost Sea. It is a very cool 550 ft. deep cave with a lake at the bottom of the hike and active formations. Once down to the lake, you are able to take a boat ride with a glass bottom on the boat and see the rainbow trout which are stocked in the lake. It is very dark, very cool, and a wonderful reminder of what an amazing Creator we serve to see his wonderful handiwork even far beneath the surface. Wow! Unfortunately, pictures don't take so well in the dark, so check out the link to see more of what we did.
Okay, so I happen to think sleeping babies are irresistible. These guys were worn out after so much partying. Ain't they adorable?

No comments: