Monday, March 22, 2010

We took a little trip to a National Park about 45 minutes away hoping to catch some awesome wildflowers in bloom. We went a few years ago about the same time of year, and it was amazing! This year, however, because we had our rain so late and so much so late, the wildflowers were unpredictable. There was lots of green - more than I have ever seen- on the desert floor in the 12 years we have lived here. But the flowers were a few weeks away...if they decided to appear at all. We took a picnic, played on the playground, and took a little hike. It was a wonderful day with the whole family.

These are the coolest swings I have ever seen. They were very hard to get started, but with a little help from the dad, K and I were on our way.

J and mama swinging away.
Our little hikers. We did a half mile hike. You can go all the way to the top of the Peak, but it is a VERY, VERY difficult two mile hike, or a semi-difficult three mile hike. We decided to wait until the kids are a bit older, and I am not wearing one. *grin*
Mountain climber J on top of the world.
Baby J's comfy spot.

Ain't they the purtiest family you ever did see?

This is called the Children's cave. It was at the top of our hike.


See how green it is? Okay, I know for y'all people back in the homeland, it isn't THAT green, but for us desert folk, this is REALLY green.



J and K did a little workbook (all about desert life and caring for parks) while we were at the park. After they completed this, they were sworn in as Junior Rangers by a Park Ranger. They received junior ranger buttons and had their paperwork signed by the ranger. It was really fun for them.

No comments: