Monday, December 7, 2009

Lots of text!!! To read or not to read!!!!

Not too much happening during this in between time. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Nanny and Grandad and now we are getting ready for Christmas. The tree is up, the stockings are hung, even the lights are displayed. As we look forward to our blessed celebration of Jesus birth, our family is enjoying lots of wonderful times together. Some highlights have been the kids helping daddy put the lights up on the house, the lighting of our Advent candles, keeping track of our Advent calendar, some Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, watching some of the Christmas specials on TV, TubaChristmas, listening to Christmas music, having friends over, and more. We are still looking forward to some Christmas baking (fudge is my speciality), more presents to wrap, time with family, more friends to join us, of course the big guy in the red suit, and celebrating Jesus!

I came across the song, While You Were Sleeping, recently and just wanted to include it on this site as I am afraid somebody out there may still be "sleeping". If you take the time to listen, the song is talking about Bethlehem "sleeping" through the arrival of our King, our Lord and Savior. And then it goes on to ask if WE are still "sleeping".

This Christmas I pray that anyone who reads this may be awakened to what Jesus can do in your life. I continue to be amazed that people turn away from the love, the life, the blessings, the peace that He has to offer. Each and every day as I seek God's grace to help me through one more day of struggles, I ponder how people can make it without Him. We are so blessed in America that sometimes I believe we have convinced ourselves it is because of us that we have such blessings. And yet, when we go back to Israel, they were blessed again and again WHEN they trusted in God. And each time they turned their backs, the blessings were stripped from them. It is the same for our individual lives as well as for our country. May each and every decision we make be a result of searching God's way so that our blessings can continue.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 tells us that Jesus will come like a thief in the night. My prayer is that"whoever believes in Him will have eternal life" (John 3:16) and that we will not be caught "sleeping." And I'm not talking about the kind of belief of so many today. James 2:19 says "even the demons believe (in God) and shudder." My prayer is that each person would discover a relationship with God...time spent with Him in His word and in prayer. Jesus Christ has changed my life, and I still fail Him so very often. My life is really pretty great with a wonderful husband, 3 beautiful and healthy children, parents who love and support me, other family members who are generous and loving, friends on whom I can call anytime, and still I don't always have peace. It is not until I come to Jesus' feet with my worries, that my heart is full of joy, peace, and love. And I truly want that for all. That is why I write. I ache or anyone who does not have that reassurance and hope that I have in Jesus. If you are sleeping, may your eyes (and heart) be opened this Christmas.

If you need a good starting place, run to the bookstore (or go to www.cbd.com) and purchase Game Plan for Life by Joe Gibbs.

No comments: