Sunday, October 18, 2009

Life is a bit slower so I can finally blog!

Just for anyone thinking about moving to the desert...this is a real scorpion I found on our front walk. The moms carry around the babies for a while. (I feel her pain, I only carry one and my back is breaking. I can't imagine carrying that many). Anyway, I didn't want her to suffer with so many back problems, so I took care of her...the squished way!

My three girls hangin' out. Okay, only two are really mine, but I would take the third! She's a sweetie.

No, she isn't walking yet, but dad seems to think she needs to be. Actually, he was just showing off her new dress from Nanny and Grandad.

Meals outside are awesome this time of year. Yeah!!! We can finally be outside again and not die of heat exhaustion.

K was working hard at hammering some seed pods while Poppy and Daddy did some tree trimming.

We don't want Grandmommy to be too sad when she leaves, so I put her to work. That way, when it is time to go, she will be thankful that she doesn't have to iron any more shirts instead of wishing she could stay and play with her grandbabies all the time.

J has this cool pony game that she loves to play. Cousin Sari tried to play it at her home, but her parents don't love her enough to have high speed internet (just kidding) so she couldn't play there. She had to wait to visit her cousin in the BIG city so they could be pony pals together.

Believe it or not, we actually NEEDED the fire. It was rather chilly in the evenings the week my folks were visiting. Okay, needed it for people accustomed to 3 digit temps. Anyone living in the northeast...well, you would probably have been in shorts.

Lots of snuggling to be done when we can't see each other for several months. Gotta get it all in now! K was being kind. He was just offering his finger as a chew toy. Isn't he a sweet, big brother?

Our little man took a great interest in his Poppy and wanted EVERYTHING to be done by/with him. This is Poppy brushing K's teeth. I think Poppy decided that work on the farm was much easier than keeping a 3 year old man happy and entertained. *grin*

Gee, I wonder where number four will sleep? *grin*

See why the mom should never leave the dad in charge?!? I walk away for two minutes and when I return...well, I guess he thought we were running out of bedroom space. Sure things are tight in our home, but folks they are not THIS bad.J and K snuggle together for a good story.

Check out the cool things I can do with my tongue.